C-isms

Mom (in the AM, before breakfast): "Sweater? It is cold?" C: "No. I want a blanket." C wraps around herself, shuffles around and says: "You have done well young Padawan, you have done well." 9/8/12
C: "A great teacher would remove the word 'impossible' from the classroom dictionaries." [Why?] "Because nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it."
Mom, lost in a park near their house, "I can't find a trail." C: "Lets blaze one!"
C: "Steph-anne Hawkins is not as smart as Einstein because Albert Einstein could do quantum physics and quantum mechanics in his head, while Steph-anne Hawkins, with all due respect, can only do physics. No offense to Steph-anne Hawkins, partially because he is the smartest man alive." Mom (in all seriousness, and remember that she is a regular reader of Scientific American): "What is quantum mechanics?" C: "It is how particles move." 9/26/11

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekend of technology

We got some new toys in Casa Gilbert this week...

* On Friday, our IT guys switched me from my old-school Blackberry to
a swanky Blackberry Curve. I had tried one of the in-between models
before (the one like the Pearl but with a full keyboard). It was
lightweight but crashed constantly. The new Blackberry is fast,
lightweight, and works great. The keyboard is superb. And it takes
photos!! You can see in the previous two posts how I've used that
function.

* Also on Friday, we got a Wii. Holy mackerel -- it is hugely fun.
Took 10 minutes to set up and the games are laugh-out-loud funny. LA
gets a shot at "Rayman Raving Rabbids" and some Wii boxing tonight; I
was able to dredge up memories of plebe boxing to completely dominate
the boxing game last night. Since the controllers are motion
sensitive, you actually have to physically throw punches, bob and
weave, etc; it is a pretty good workout!


No comments: