C-isms

Mom (in the AM, before breakfast): "Sweater? It is cold?" C: "No. I want a blanket." C wraps around herself, shuffles around and says: "You have done well young Padawan, you have done well." 9/8/12
C: "A great teacher would remove the word 'impossible' from the classroom dictionaries." [Why?] "Because nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it."
Mom, lost in a park near their house, "I can't find a trail." C: "Lets blaze one!"
C: "Steph-anne Hawkins is not as smart as Einstein because Albert Einstein could do quantum physics and quantum mechanics in his head, while Steph-anne Hawkins, with all due respect, can only do physics. No offense to Steph-anne Hawkins, partially because he is the smartest man alive." Mom (in all seriousness, and remember that she is a regular reader of Scientific American): "What is quantum mechanics?" C: "It is how particles move." 9/26/11

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Ah, so I haven't posted in a while. Shameful! Anyhow, we are settling in. We each are getting in our own groove:

Campbell is loving life. There are lots of new friends to play with where we live. She has a great nanny, as per the pics below. And our cook makes chicken nuggets. Therefore, Maslow's Hierarchy of friends, fun, and fried food is satisfied.

Leigh Anne is also having fun. Lots of shopping and decorating. She just started getting into her research again as well (at least when the power doesn't cut off). She's made lots of new friends who all marvel at how smart she is.

Roy. Well, I'm fine, thanks for asking. The new job is challenging, exhausting, and tons of fun. The team here is great -- both the expats and the local hires. I'm very lucky. Only problem is that I think I screwed up the address that I gave to my parents, and my Christmas present may not get here until 2006. Ah, well.

Next big event for the Gilberts: LA's parents arrive for the holidays. Party on.

No comments: